Whether you just completed your landscape lighting installation or you have had your outdoor lights for years, the team at Prestige Outdoor Lighting has a few tips to optimize your lights as summer approaches. We ensure your landscape lights, deck lights, path lights and pool lights will look great all year long. Give us a call today at (636) 782-3368 to schedule any landscape lighting repairs you need or for a new, affordable installation!
Landscape lighting can take your yard from basic to amazing, but undertaking a lighting plan for your yard can be an intimidating project. That is where the expert outdoor lighting team at Prestige comes in. We will guide you through a design overview of the various types of lighting that perfectly compliments your landscape while bringing your residential or commercial lawn lights to life!
Three things to consider in your outdoor lighting:
- What to light in your yard
- Types of landscape lighting
- How to use landscape lighting
Like many things in life, less can be moreandmdash;and this is the case when it comes to landscape lighting. Your instinct might be to light up everything: every detail, every tree, every nook and every cranny. But besides potentially running up your power bill, this will wash the yard out.
What makes a space special during the night is the play of light and dark, highlighting features that you may not take note of during the day and creating contrast and shadows using the forms and plants in your yard. Playing with these elements creates intrigue and drama, and a well-lit space will often be one in which you want to stay.
What to Light In Your Landscape
So what do you light and what do you leave in the dark? Here are three things to consider:
- Identify the features in your yard that you like. Maybe it's a pond or a particularly stately treeandmdash;highlighting those with light will show them off.
- Add drama to areas that might not stand out during the day. A simple stone wall can take on a whole new personality at night when grazed with light and shadow.
- Think about function. A deck with stairs or a meandering pathway needs to be lit to ensure that you can move about your yard without risk of injury.
And always consider an inviting and well-lit entryway. A properly illuminated entrance to your home will safely guide family members or guests while creating that warm and welcoming curb appeal.
Give Prestige Lighting Concepts a call today to start your outdoor lighting journey with a free quote and design. We have proudly served the greater St. Louis area for years and look forward to your call at (636) 782-3368