As the weather begins to cool down and the shopping begins to heat up, we all know the holiday season is upon us. The stores are filled with the glitter of ornaments and the smells of evergreens fill our nose as we hear the melodious songs of Christmas bygone romantics. It is the holiday season. A time for family, gifts, nostalgic foods, traditions and movies that tell the stories of thieving green monsters and the wishes of misadventures involving a BB gun. The last thing you want to have happen during this joyous time of year is having to deal with a holiday lighting emergency in your Greater St. Louis home from overlooking simple safety precautions.
By calling the team at Prestige Lighting Concepts, you can ensure that your outdoor holiday lighting will be installed and maintained with your safety in mind while creating a look for your home or business that is timeless with the enticement of the holidays. Our team professionally installs your holiday lighting with energy-efficient bulbs that will allow you to enjoy every night of the holiday season and leaving you free to take care of the dozens of other things you have on your list to do this time of year. Call (636) 782-3368 to schedule your holiday lighting install today or for your free estimate!
Keep Your Family Safe With Proper Holiday Lighting Tips from Your St. Louis Holiday Lighting Team at Prestige
Keep Live Trees Away From Heat Sources
- Place your tree away from fireplaces and heaters and keep a fire extinguisher near your tree. Live trees are highly flammable, due to needles and sap.
Hydrate Your Tree
- A dried-out tree can catch fire faster than one that has been properly watered. Check the water level every other day to ensure proper hydration. Starting with a green tree is one way to keep it from drying out so quickly.
- If you buy an artificial tree, make sure itandrsquo;s labeled “fire-resistant.” Fire-resistant trees are less susceptible to catching fire.
Donandrsquo;t Burn Wrapping Paper in the Fireplace
- Paper can catch fire very quickly and can cause flash fires. Instead, recycle (or better yet, reuse!) your wrapping paper.
Work as a Team
- When stringing lights and decorations above your normal reach, make sure you use a proper ladder with someone supporting the base.
Double-Check Your Lights for Safety
- Replace any lights with frayed wires, broken sockets, and loose connections. The CPSC issued new guidelines for seasonal light safety in 2015, setting a minimum wire size, and standards for strain relief and over-current protection.
Power Down Before You Turn In
- Turn off all lights when you go to bed and before leaving the house to avoid a short that could start an electrical fire.
Prevent Electrical Cord Damage
- Donandrsquo;t mount lights in a way that might damage the cords and avoid using nails or tacks. Use hooks or insulated staples instead.
- Keep candles on a sturdy base to prevent tipping. Never leave a lit candle unattended.
Use Unbreakable Ornaments
- If you have fragile ornaments, place them out of reach from pets and kids.
Keep your family safe and happy this year and for that one-of-a-kind outdoor holiday lighting look here in St. Louis, give the team at Prestige Lighting Concepts a call today, (636) 782-3368!